Environmental Studies - General Environmental Sciences
Program Type: Master's Degree
Total Number of Credit Hours: 40 Sem. Hr(s).
The curriculum for the Master of Science in Environmental Sciences is designed to allow students to gain strong scientific understanding of ways to study, evaluate, and interpret environmental realities and their impacts, as well as to manage and mitigate environmental problems. Objectives are to enable students to:
- develop a basic literacy in the natural and social sciences and the humanities as they contribute to an understanding of environmental issues;
- critically analyze environmental problems;
- identify, research, and evaluate environmental problems;
- provide focused development of research skills in one or more of the physical, chemical, and/or biological systems in the environment; and
- compare, contrast, implement, and manage short- and long-term solutions to environmental problems.
Phone: (217) 206-8524