Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Program Type: Certificate
Award Conferred: Post Baccalaureate Certificate
Total Number of Credit Hours: 9 Sem. Hr(s).
Whether you are a practicing human resources management professional who wants to enhance your knowledge about HRM practices or an organizational manager who wishes to understand the human resource side of the business better, the Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management will provide you with the knowledge and background you need to meet the strategic challenges involved. Students who complete the certificate program will:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of key human resource areas including strategic human resource planning, job analysis, recruitment, selection, orientation, training, career development, performance appraisal, compensation, incentives, union-management relations, diversity, succession planning and the role of human resources in the global organization.
- Be able to articulate the strategic role of human resources and its role and impact on organizational success.
- Be able to prepare professional level written documents for multiple organizational purposes and directed to a variety of stakeholders.
- Be able to systematically analyze organizational issues from a human resource perspective and recommend appropriate human resource solutions.
- Understand and articulate the impact of an organizationís external environment on human resource management and be able to articulate how human resource management can help an organization respond to challenges from the external environment.