Environmental Studies - Environmental Planning and Management
Program Type: Master's Degree
Total Number of Credit Hours: 40 Sem. Hr(s).
The curriculum for the Master of Science in Environmental Studies is designed to allow students to gain an understanding of ways to balance social and economic needs with environmental realities, to learn how to use resources imaginatively for sustainable development, and to become aware of the role of values in issue formulation and policy making. Objectives are to enable students to:
- develop basic literacy in the natural and social sciences and the humanities as they contribute to an understanding of environmental affairs;
- critically analyze environmental problems; and
- identify, research, and evaluate environmental problems.
- understand principles and practices of environmental planning and management,
- analyze United States environmental policies as they relate to environmental planning,
- apply tools and techniques for preparing and implementing effective environmental plans, and
- evaluate effectiveness of environmental management plans.
Phone: (217) 206-8524