Teaching Endorsement in Computer Science
Program Type: Continuing Education
Award Conferred: Endorsement
Total Number of Credit Hours: 24 Sem. Hr(s).
The Teaching Endorsement in Computer Science is a seven course (24 credit hours) curriculum sequence that meets ISBE's credit requirement for obtaining a subsequent teaching endorsement in computer science. The course work is designed to provide current teachers with computer science content knowledge while reflecting and discussing on the process of learning computer science. Specifically, the course work enables students to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills that are core to computer science, including: computer programming, discrete mathematics, computer systems and data structure;
- Reflect on their own process of learning about computer science and discuss the expected experience of their future students;
- Explore and discuss topics that are important to the teaching of computer science;
- Learn about diverse applications of computer science (e.g. game design, data science, etc.) that can be implemented in their future classroom;
- Meet ISBE's credit requirement for the subsequent teaching endorsement in computer science.
Graduate Student Services Office
College of Education
1310 S. Sixth Street
Champaign, IL 61820-6925
Phone: (217) 300-2725