BHIS 437 - Health Care Data
Course URL: http://www.uic.edu/ucat/courses/BHIS
Review of data types in a health care information system. How data is transformed into information and then again transformed into knowledge through integrated computer systems. Course Information: Taught online only. A UIC netid is required. Prerequisite(s): Graduate standing or consent of the instructor.
Requires application as a UIC non-degree graduate student, or matriculation in another graduate degree program at UIC. Contact the Office of Graduate Programs, School of Biomedical and Health Information Sciences (312-996-6317) with questions.
Academic Program Restrictions:
CAS:Health Informatics -UIC
Option 1Number of Required Visit(s): 0
Course Level: Graduate
Processor: Pentium III minimum
• Hard Drive: 10GB with 500MB free space.
• Memory: 256MB RAM minimum
• CD-ROM: 24X
• Sound Card: Stereo capabilities
• Video Card: SVGA 800x600 resolution capabilities (1024x768 resolution preferred)
• Monitor: 15 inch SuperVGA color monitor (17 inch preferred).
• Modem: 56 Kbps Data/Fax/Voice modem or faster.
• Operating System: Windows 2000, XP.
• Software: An active antivirus program, UIC Network Services Kit (NSKIT) software, and an office suite such as Microsoft Office.
• Other: An Internet Service Provider (ISP) is recommended for access from outside the (312) area code. The student must secure an active UIC NetID and valid password upon initial registration
Term(s): Fall , Spring