UIC Now Accepting Applications for Middle School Endorsement Online Pedagogy Courses
The College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago will be offering two pedagogy courses online this spring. Together, these courses will meet the six semester-hour Illinois State Board of Education pedagogy course requirement for the Middle School Endorsement.
- Characteristics of Early Adolescence (EPSY 446 | 3 credits)
- Curriculum and Instruction in the Middle School (CI 484 | 3 credits)
Who should consider earning a Middle School Endorsement?
- Teachers who wish to be endorsed to teach a content area in the middle grades
- Teachers who have relocated to Illinois from other states and are becoming certified to teach in the State of Illinois
- UIC degree students interested in taking these courses
Course Dates: January 14 - May 10, 2013
Application Deadline: December 20, 2012
These courses are 100% online. There is no application fee and certified teachers are exempt from course prerequisites.
For more information, visit the UIC Middle School Endorsement Online Course Web site.