Master of Science in Patient Safety Leadership
Completion Schedule: Each course will be eight weeks in length. The typical course load is one course per eight-week term. You can complete your degree in 18 months if you take courses in back-to-back terms.
The curriculum of the Master of Science in Patient Safety Leadership consists of nine 4-credit hour courses for a total of 36 credit hours, to be taken in the order listed below.
- PSL 401: Patient Safety and Quality Care Improvement
- PSL 402: Error Science, Risk and Disclosure
- PSL 403: Communication and Collaboration
- PSL 404: Organizational Leadership/Health Systems
- PSL 501: Healthcare Simulation, Team and Applied Leadership Principles (includes on-site residency in Illinois)
- PSL 502: Health Sciences Research and Information Technology
- PSL 503: Economics, Policy and Environment
- PSL 504: Creating Human and System Change
- PSL 597: Capstone Project