Breadth Requirements - must complete four courses (16 credit hours) each from a different area, from the following core areas with a grade of B- or higher.
- Parallel Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Database and Information Systems
- Programming Languages & Software Engineering
- Systems and Networking
- Scientific Computing
- CS 513 - Theory and Practice of Data Cleaning
- CS 598/IS 531 - Foundations of Data Curation
- CS 598/STAT 542 - Practical Statistical Learning
- CS 598 / STAT 578 - Advanced Bayesian Modeling
- CD 598 - Cloud Computing Capstone
- STAT 420 - Methods of Applied Statistics
- All coursework must be taken through the Coursera MOOC platform.
- Each online MCS course is four credit hours.
- Breadth coursework must have a letter grade of B- or higher. Any other course taken for a letter grade must have a grade of C or higher.
- Up to 12 credit hours of previous graduate coursework that is approved by the Department of Computer Science (including non-degree graduate courses completed within the Department of Computer Science) may be transferred and applied to the Professional MCS degree requirements.