Application: To Apply: Students must submit the following.
- Undergraduate Application, http://www.uis.edu/admissions/applyToday/
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Statement of Intent (750-word personal essay, outlining student's academic, work, and life experiences; rationale for pursuing a degree in English; plans for progress and completion of the degree.
- Fall Semester: Priority Deadline - March 1; Program Closed - July 31
- Spring Semester: Priority Deadline - October 1; Program Closed - November 30
- Earned a minimum of 30 credit hours at the lower-division (100/200) level.
- Obtained a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an accredited college or university. Students with a GPA lower than 3.0 should contact the Online Program Coordinator for additional information on applying.
- Completed two semesters of English Composition with a grade of "C" or better
- Completed at least 6 semester hours of lower-division literature courses with a grade of "C" or better
- Completed at least 3 semester hours of lower-division writing course with a grade of "C" or better