Survey Research Methods Certificate
Admission Requirement(s): Prospective students are required to submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the Survey Research Methods online certificate program:
- COMPLETED APPLICATION AND FEE - students must apply to the University of Illinois at Chicago by completing the Graduate Certificate Program online application. There is a non-refundable application fee in the amount of $60.
- TRANSCRIPTS - A copy of the official baccalaureate transcript showing coursework and degree(s) conferred from an accredited university or college. A grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 for the final 60 credit hours of undergraduate study is required.
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES - A concise typed statement of the student's reason for seeking education in survey research methods. Please be sure to include your full name at the top of your personal statement.
- CURRENT RESUME OR CURRICULUM VITAE - Work history, including both full-time work and any substantive internships or part-time employment.
- FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS - Applicants who have completed studies outside the United States must present attested/university issued transcripts or marksheets for all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate work completed in the original language; proof of all degrees awarded; and certified English translations.
- TOEFL SCORES - Applicants whose native language is not English and have not attended a U.S. institution of higher learning for at least 2 years must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The test score cannot be more than two years old. A minimum score of 550 (paper-based test) or 213 (computer-based test) is required. UIC's institution code for the TOEFL is 1851.
Prerequisite(s): A bachelorís degree is required for admission to the Survey Research Methods online certificate program. In addition, students must have access to Stata software. SPSS would be helpful but is not required. To obtain the Survey Research Methods certificate, participants must successfully complete five online courses for a total of 11 credit hours. Credits earned in the Survey Research Methods program may be transferred towards the fulfillment of the Master of Public Administration degree, in the event certificate participants apply and are admitted to the program. In addition to the MPA, participants may be able to transfer earned certificate credits into other degree programs. This program is a UIC campus certificate; credits earned will appear on the student's transcripts.