Health Communication Online Masters (HCOM) Program
Admission Requirement(s): An application must include:
- Official transcripts from every post-secondary institution the applicant has attended;
- At least three letters of recommendation, preferably from recommenders in academic or professional positions;
- A statement of purpose - to include an explanation of your professional background in health care, a description of your goals fo your degree, a brief summary of any relevant personal information or experiences, and an identification (if applicable) of faculty members whose research aligns with your interests.
- Students whose native language is not English must present their official scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination as part of their applications with the following required minimum scores:
- 611 on the paper-based test,
- 254 on the computer-based test,
- 103 on the Internet-based test (iBT)
- Applicants must have been awarded a comparable bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in the United States or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad.
- A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (A=4.0), or comparable GPA for an international applicant, for the last two years of the undergraduate program is the minimum requirement for admission.
- Strong recommendations and a clear and compelling personal statement also will be required for admission.