Public Health Management Certificate
Admission Requirement(s): A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university is the minimum requirement for admission to the Public Health Management certificate program. Application to the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is required for admission. Students must apply by completing the Graduate Certificate Program online application. Besides submitting a completed application form and non-refundable UIC application fee, applicants must submit the following supplemental documents to the UIC Division of Health Policy and Administration in the UIC School of Public Health (address below) in order to be considered for admission to the online certificate program.
- TRANSCRIPTS - A copy or official baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate transcript(s) with degree conferred from an accredited university or college. While a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 is required, a GPA close to 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT - A concise typed statement of the student's reason for seeking education in public health management. Please be sure to include your full name at the top of your personal statement.
- CURRENT RESUME OR CURRICULUM VITAE
- International academic documents that are evaluated by a professional credential evaluation service that holds membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), in lieu of transcripts, are also acceptable.
- TOEFL SCORES - International applicants must present evidence of English competency. Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08540, must be sent to UIC. UIC's institution code for the TOEFL is 1851. The test must have been taken within the last two years. Minimum scores required: paper-based TOEFL = 550, computer based TOEFL = 213, IBT total score = 80. The USMLE and ECFMG will not be considered in lieu of the TOEFL or as evidence of English competency.