Clinical Research Methods Certificate
Admission Requirement(s): Application to the University of Illinois at Chicago is required for admission to the CRM certificate:
- TRANSCRIPTS - A copy or official baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate transcript(s) with degree conferred from an accredited university or college.
- GRADE POINT AVERAGE (GPA) - 3.0/4.0 for the final 60 hours of undergraduate study and for all cumulative graduate work previously taken.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT - A career-goal statement outlining (1) reasons for pursuing the Clinical Research Methods certificate, including the intended research focus and (2) career goals.
- CURRENT RESUME OR CURRICULUM VITAE (CV)
- International academic documents that are evaluated by a professional credential evaluation service that holds membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), in lieu of transcripts, are also acceptable.
- TOEFL SCORES - International applicants must present evidence of English competency. Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08540, must be sent to UIC. UIC's institution code for the TOEFL is 1851. The test must have been taken within the last two years. Minimum scores required: paper-based TOEFL = 550, computer based TOEFL = 213, IBT total score = 80. The USMLE and ECFMG will not be considered in lieu of the TOEFL or as evidence of English competency.
Prerequisite(s): An applicant must meet one of the following minimum academic requirements to be considered for admission to the Clinical Research Methods online certificate program:
- A post-baccalaureate clinical graduate or professional degree; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college with either concurrent enrollment in a clinical degree program or at least two years of clinical research work experience