Emergency Management and Continuity Planning Online Certificate Program
Admission Requirement(s): A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university is the minimum requirement for admission to the EMCP certificate. For full admissions requirements, visit: http://www.emergencymanagement.uic.edu/requirements
Prerequisite(s): A baccalaureate degree from an accredited university is the minimum requirement for admission to the EMCP certificate. Application to the University of Illinois at Chicago is required for admission to the EMCP certificate program. Students must apply by completing the Graduate Certificate Program online application. Besides submitting a completed application form and non-refundable application fee, applicants must submit the following information and documentation to UIC External Education (address below) in order to be considered for admission to the Emergency Management and Continuity Planning certificate program.
- TRANSCRIPTS - A copy or official baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate transcript(s) with degree conferred from an accredited university or college. While a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 is required, a GPA close to 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT - A concise typed statement of the student's reason for seeking education in emergency management and continuity planning. Please be sure to include your full name at the top of your personal statement.
- CURRENT RESUME OR CURRICULUM VITAE
- International academic documents that are evaluated by a professional credential evaluation service that holds membership in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), in lieu of transcripts, are also acceptable.
- TOEFL SCORES - International applicants must present evidence of English competency. Official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ 08540, must be sent to UIC. UIC's institution code for the TOEFL is 1851. The test must have been taken within the last two years. Minimum scores required: paper-based TOEFL = 550, computer based TOEFL = 213, IBT total score = 80. The USMLE and ECFMG will not be considered in lieu of the TOEFL or as evidence of English competency.
ATTN:Anna Pasillas (EMCP)Your personal statement as well as your resume/curriculum vitae may be submitted electronically by sending an e-mail to UIC External Education. These documents may also be submitted via postal mail to UIC External Education.
UIC School of Continuing Studies (MC140)
1333 South Halsted Street, Suite 205
Chicago, IL 60607 USA