Online Secondary Teacher Licensure
Admission Requirement(s): Candidates seeking licensure in either elementary or secondary education may apply to the Teacher Education Program at any time. However, admission to the program will only be granted after certain criteria have been met. To apply to the program, potential candidates should complete the following steps:
- Apply to be admitted to UIS. http://www.uis.edu/admissions/applyToday/
- Create an ELIS account. https://sec3.isbe.net/IWASNET/login.aspx
- Complete the TEP Application.http://www.uis.edu/teachereducation/wp-content/uploads/sites/66/2013/03/TEP-application-June-2015.pdf
- Submit official transcripts from all higher education institutions to the Department of Teacher Education.
- Schedule an advising appointment with TEP Program Adviser, Heather Nielsen - email@example.com
- Successfully complete background/fingerprint check through Accurate Biometics. http://www.uis.edu/teachereducation/wp-content/uploads/sites/66/2013/03/Fingerprint-background-form-7-2014.pdf
- Meet GPA requirements. To be conditionally admitted, the overall GPA must be 2.50 or higher. To be fully admitted, the overall GPA must be 2.75 or higher.
- Complete service learning requirements which will be discussed during your advising session with Ms. Nielsen.