Application: Students must submit the following.
- Undergraduate Application, http://www.uis.edu/admissions/applyToday/
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Statement of Intent (500-word personal essay, outlining student's academic, work, and life experiences; rationale for pursuing a degree in English; plans for progress and completion of the degree. .
- Earned a minimum of 30 credit hours at the lower-division (100/200) level.
- Obtained a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an accredited college or university. Students with a GPA lower than 2.5 should contact the Online Program Coordinator for additional information on applying.
- Reside 50 miles or more from UIS. Handicapped students with documented disabilities who live within the 50 mile range may apply.