Admission Requirement(s): Students interested in completing the MCS degree are strongly encouraged to complete the admissions requirements within the first semester of course work.
- Applicants to the graduate programs must have been awarded (or about to be awarded) a 4-year bachelors degree equivalent to that granted by the University of Illinois.
- Applicants applying to the online (I2CS) MCS program must have a 3.2 or higher GPA in their undergraduate studies (international GPAs are systematically converted) to be considered. If an applicant also holds a graduate degree, the GPA for that degree must also be at least a 3.0 or higher. Note: the average GPA of those applicants recommended for admission by the department is much higher (3.7/4.0) than the minimum requirements.
- Applicants who do not hold a bachelor in computer science must have sufficient background in computer programming, algorithms and data structures, computer organization, and theory of computation (Comparable to CS 125, CS 225, CS 231/232, and CS 173/373 at UIUC). Note: we do not offer undergraduate prerequisite courses online.
- The online (I2CS) program is restricted to off-campus professionals and is not intended for those who have access to our on-campus courses and programs.
- Visit http://cs.illinois.edu/prospective-students and click on Apply Now button for complete details.