School Nurse Certificate Program
1. BSN including required course content (grades of B or better in the required course content), and an overall GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 hours of the BSN.
Required course content:
- Public Health Nursing (Public Health Nursing Theory, Practice, or Community)
- Human Growth and Development (Human Development or Child Health Nursing)
- Social Science (Sociology, Psychology, or Cultural Anthropology)
- Mental Health (Mental Health Nursing, Psych Nursing, Child or Adolescent Psychology)
- NURS 210 - Health Assessment
- NURS 242 - Concepts and Processes for Contemporary Nursing Practice
- NURS 385 - Clinical Concepts and Processes in Population Focused Nursing
3. Requirements for Illinois nurses seeking ISBE Professional Educators License in School Nursing.
Passing score on Entrance Exam: ACT plus writing, SAT with writing or Test of Academic Proficiency
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Basic computer skills. No student will be admitted who is not proficient in the following: e-mail, attachments, word processing, cutting and pasting, search engines, and web resources.